Alex Furey has over twenty-five years of extensive litigation experience in courts across the country. His practice focuses on disputes involving contracts, business torts, trade secrets, restrictive covenants, claims for discrimination, and serious, catastrophic personal injuries. He has successfully represented clients in virtually every business sector, including technology, manufacturing, retail, food and beverage, healthcare, professional services, finance, media, gaming and telecommunications.
Alex is both a counselor and a trial lawyer. He serves as an advisor to private and public companies and entrepreneurs located throughout the world in their business dealings such as the purchase and sale of companies, obtaining mezzanine financing, and in negotiations with venture capital and private equity firms. Moreover, Alex has represented clients facing investigations launched by local, state, and federal regulators.
Before becoming a founding member of Considine & Furey, LLP, Alex practiced at the law firms of Mintz Levin in Boston and Wallace King in Washington D.C. Alex received his law degree from Boston College Law School and his undergraduate degree from Boston College, summa cum laude. Over the years, Alex has also authored numerous articles and publications. Alex has repeatedly been recognized as a Super Lawyer, a designation given to those lawyers who have attained the highest degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Recent Successful Representative Engagements:
- Represented privately held fraud prevention company in defense of claims for interference with contract and violation of trade secrets and had the case dismissed with prejudice.
- Represented shareholders in a real estate development company in their claims for breach of fiduciary duties and self-dealing against fellow shareholders in a closely held company and obtained valuable settlement of such claims.
- Represented manufacturer of heavy equipment against claims for breach of contract and breach of warranty of merchantability and had case dismissed with prejudice.
- Represented Fortune 100 corporate executive in defense of breach of employment agreement with non-solicitation and non-competition clauses and obtained favorable settlement.
- Represented individual in catastrophic car accident and obtained $1,000,000+ settlement from insurance company.
- Represented individual in precedent setting decision to obtain rightful share of stock options owed under the terms of a Separation Agreement.
- Represented company focused on insurance industry in roll-up acquisitions of strategic competitors.
- Represented oil company and its executives in sale of company to strategic buyer.
- Represented individual against insurance company for bad faith denial of multimillion dollar insurance coverage claim.
- Represented privately held company in $200,000,000+ asset sale.